Thursday 19 October 2017

Book Review: These Broken Stars by Amie Kaufman & Megan Spooner (Starbound #1)



Title: These Broken Stars

Author: Amie Kaufman & Megan Spooner

Series: Starbound #1

Publication Date: 10 December 2013

Publisher: Disney Hyperion







Summary:



Luxury spaceliner Icarus suddenly plummets from hyperspace into the nearest planet. Lilac LaRoux and Tarver Merendsen survive – alone. Lilac is the daughter of the richest man in the universe. Tarver comes from nothing, a cynical war hero. Both journey across the eerie deserted terrain for help. Everything changes when they uncover the truth. 

The Starbound Trilogy: Three worlds. Three love stories. One enemy.


My Thoughts:


Have you been wondering why this book hasn't been live on my blog? Here's the thing, I was waiting for all books to come out so I could read everything together, doesn't matter even if they are something like stand alone's. Are you like me? You've also been waiting for all the books to come out to start this series? If yes, welcome to the club! If you have read the book, I would love to hear what you thought about t. So should we start?

I believe so, In the very beginning, well, before I even started reading it, I thought it would be similar to Beth Revis' Across the Universe series. Well, it is in some aspects, with the whole space ships and new planets. So why bother? First of all, You should as this is truly a fantastic book. I loved the writing. It was rich and kept me reading more and more. First few chapters, well specifically, the chapter of Icarus falling is full of feelings and thrill that makes you wonder if the author has ever experienced such situation to write it out s clearly. I adored the interludes after each chapter, it showed Taver as a fantastic character, and even though it did spoil the main thing, it was still cloaked in mystery how they did it. 

I loved Lilac and Taver. They made a terrific couple and even though in some parts I wanted to beat up Lilac, I still loved her a lot. It takes quite long for the character to grow on me. However, this time they grew on e very, very fast. Are you ready to get to know Lilac and Taver? Are you willing to go on a journey through the land of mysteries? And lastly are you ready to question your sanity in some cases? if you are ready for all of that then you sure will be ready to uncover some great mysteries. Some of them surely shocked me. I'm looking forward to starting book 2, but you could say that the remnants of this one are still in my heart as well as the mind. Enjoy it to your fullest and don't forget to share your thoughts below! Stay tuned for more reviews as well as promos! Don't miss your next favourite book or mnag1! Happy reading!

XOXO

Katie 

My Rating:





No comments:

Post a Comment